The ways to cook sweet corn are nearly endless. If you typically cook your corn the same way each time, it can be fun to switch it up and try something new. Each method varies as far as time it takes to prepare and taste. Here are a few ways you may not have tried!
Dishwasher. Yes, this sounds a bit weird, but it works!
- Remove husks from ears of corn.
- Place corn in the dishwasher. (No soap!)
- Run on normal and heated dry cycle.
- Remove and eat!
This is also a great method to use if you plan to freeze your corn. After removing from the dishwasher, follow these additional steps for freezing:
- Place corn in a large pot filled with ice water until cooled.
- Dry corn completely.
- Remove corn from the cob and place in freezer bags.
Instapot. The instapot is a popular way to cook many types of food, including sweet corn!
- Shuck and halve each ear of corn.
- Line corn up vertically on top of your trivet insert.
- Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Quick release the pressure and remove the corn.
Oven. Using the oven method keeps corn moist and also makes your home smell amazing!
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add ears of corn directly to the oven rack without removing husks.
- Roast for 35 minutes.
- Remove husks and serve.
Butter Bath. Rather than boiling in just water, adding butter and salt to your boil gives corn an instant buttery taste.
- Shuck corn.
- Bring a large pot of milk or water to a boil.
- Add a generous amount of butter and some salt.
- Simmer for about 8 minutes.
Cooler. If you’re serving a large crowd, using the cooler method allows you to cook a large quantity while not taking up stove or counter space.
- Shuck corn.
- Place all corn in cooler.
- Boil water. You may need multiple pots depending on your cooler size and amount of corn.
- Poor water over corn and make sure all ears are completely covered.
- Close the lid and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove and serve!
Which of these methods have you tried? What’s your favorite?